Basis of Society
There are three major factors, which form the basis of society. These are as under:
1. Biological Factor
This factor emphasizes that the people are grouped and associated with each other due to biological needs. This factor is pleading for the importance of biological factor for making a group or association.
2. Geographical Factor
This is one of the important factors. It molds human behavior. Behavior represents the area. This factor is directing human behavior. It also gives limits for dos and don’ts. An individual is doing an activity or acting according to the geographical structure. The behavior of an individual is shaping according to the geographical condition
3. Socio-Cultural Factor
This factor is highly responsible for making up human society. It controls the other two factors i.e. biological and geographical to a great extent. Culture gives structural aspect and social gives dynamism to that structure. Culture is the structural aspect and social is the functional aspect of society.
Composing Elements of Society
There are some elements, which compose a society. These elements are considered as essentials. These are given below:
- Society is a big aggregate of people.
- People are living together since very long.
- The people are having sense of belonging to one another.
- Society is more or less permanent association.
- The people are having a common culture.
Aims of Society
Society is provided because of certain aims some of them are the following:
- To develop social structure for the development of human beings. These human beings would be expected to act according to the same structure provided by the society.
- The individuals are provided with liberties and privileges on one hand and duties and responsibilities on the other hand, to be performed in society.
- Another aim is the social progress and social development of the people of the same society.