Pull and Push Factors of Urbanization
There are two types of factors of urbanization which help in the development of urbanization.
Pull factors are the attractive factors by which an individual is attracted to change his place of living. Following are some of the pull factors.
- Health facilities.
- High standard of living.
- High standard of education
- Better recreational facilities
- Job opportunities
- Better security of life and property
- Better social environment
Push factors are those which motivate the people to leave an area especially the rural due to some reasons and shifts to urban areas. Following are some of the push factors.
- Low living standard.
- Lack of security of life and property.
- Family faction and fends.
- Worse sanitary conditions.
- Lack of transportation and communication.
- Lack of health facilities.
- Lack of educational facilities.
- Lack of recreational facilities.
- Lack of job opportunities.