There are various teaching method, communication media can also be used very easily. By using these instructional techniques, all the learning conditions are created and expected objective are achieved.
The presentation of teaching material in various forms for a single content called multimedia teaching. It is used not only by teachers, but pupils also use it for learning. In teaching, the use of multimedia in teaching is also known as instructional development. In this way teaching-learning problems are solved. It is essential to follow the following aspects for using it effectively in teaching and learning:
- Determining and defining the terminal behaviors
- Managing the content or strategy
- Applying teaching method or organized strategy
- Passing through the process of evaluation
- Managing remedial instruction on the basis of diagnosis of the pupils and providing feedback
It is essential to use the following principles in order to apply teaching approach to the classroom teaching:
- To prepare the pupils to use the medium in the class
- To prepare physical conditions
- To conduct a continuous evaluation so that the effectiveness of the medium may be known
- To select a teaching medium view the objective
- To providing guidance to the pupils for imitation so that they may succeed in acquiring the experience
For Further Reading
Sharma, R.A (1993) discussed the multimedia applications in education and Rashid, M (1985) has also highlighted this approach used in Pakistan by Allama Iqbal Open University AIOU in teachers’ education.