Though there are various agents which have great influence upon the social development of child. But still teacher and school also have effective role to be played in order to develop the balanced personality of a child.
Social Development of Child and Teacher
The followings are some suggestions which a teacher must keep in mind in relation to the process of social development of child in educational context.
- Teachers and parents should encourage their students and children to mix up with other cultural students and children in order to learn the social ethics and values of their culture. That will have a better ground for children to have social awareness, adjustment and will develop positive attitude towards other cultures and communities.
- When dealing with students teachers should be unbiased towards any particular culture and language. That will influence the students I positive manner or future social development.
- Social interaction should be encouraged in the context of school that could be done through organizing debates, games, and other co-curricular activities.
- In order to develop social development students should be exposed to outdoor social events. Like cultural and social exhibitions, study tours to some famous cities in order to know the cultural pattern and life style of the different people
- Historical stories should be taught to the students in order to develop some basic social qualities like sacrifice, loyalty, courage etc.
- There should be close cooperation between teachers and parents about the social activities of a child. In this regard parents- teacher meetings can play effective role.
- From time t time important and famous personalities should be incited to school assembly in order to motivate the students for social service and role.
- Teachers should educate the students and inform the students about various social festivals and celebrations in order to highlight the importance of social events.
- Teachers should also be informed about the social events, evils, crimes which are creating social disturbance. And how to eradicate the social evils.
- It is also the responsibility of the teachers to inform the students about all the social developments, with critical evaluation in order to evaluate the negative and positive impacts of these developments.
In order to have effective process of social development in child (students and children), educators must keep hawk like eye upon the social activities happenings in social and cultural context. In other words educators should be sociologist in order to perform his duties effectively.