The management succeeds where it is managed by men of quality, integrity, purpose and honesty. The men managing the business affairs are supposed to the leader. They must lead with foresight, vision, vigor and above all with integrity and honesty. Following are the qualities of a successful businessman or entrepreneur he must possess in order to make the business on top.
1. Accuracy. A successful businessman bust have a clarity of vision and thought in order to deal with all these who are coming into his contact with accuracy and with a sense of confidence. He must be an good communicator whether orally and or in writing. He must be capable of grasping the problems accurately and quickly.
2. Foresightness. “Time is money” is an old proverb. A successful businessman is he who has the time sense. One who thinks in terms of time is usually a successful human being. A businessman too cannot think in another term if he wants to succeed. If one is having time sense he shall naturally be in a position to know and visualize the tomorrow with a greater degree of perfection. Forecasting is not easy but one who has foresightedness and calculative can read the pulse of the time and thus be able to forecast with near perfection and since future is uncertain it is quality of the business to trace the history, analyze the present and take himself and his business to future with confidence and assurance.
3. Alertness. It is another quality of successful and entrepreneur. Any business must keep himself in touch with the whole and be able to create new business. This is what actually is required from a businessman. An alter businessman can do a lot and se the business in his favor, howsoever odd a situation might be.
4. Business Ethics. Business ethics is another quality of successful businessman and entrepreneur. An entrepreneur must be morally sound and honest person. He is required to satisfy his consumers’ wants. Naturally he must use his all skills to satisfy his customer. But he should never try to satisfy his consumer at the cost of his goodwill and good name of the product. He must spade a spade. Ethical approach to every business problem pays rich dividend. Business ethics itself rewarding, it earns goodwill and all.
5. Cooperative Nature. Ability to cooperate with a large number of people is a quality which makes the businessman adaptable and compromising understanding others and adjusting oneself accordingly is a quality par excellence. It is most expedient stepping stone to success.
6. Consistency. A businessman must be consistent in his approach and firm in his dealings.
7. Capacity to Make Decision. Decision-making that too quick and according to time is a quality which goes a long way in giving success to the businessman. Indecision results in missing business opportunities.
8. Energy. Energetic entrepreneur achieves success. “Infinite capacity for taking pains is essential which certainly gives him forcefulness to put across his viewpoints which he believes to be right and advantageous to the business.
Besides above the other qualities of successful businessman and entrepreneur are full of enthusiasm, imaginative, psychologist, having a sense of human, full of self-confidence and should possess pleasing personality and endowed with concentrating tolerance and sympathy.