Since the time of Adam, the evolution of language starts. As soon as the new born comes into the world, the neediest thing for him is the language to communicate. He feels the need to connect himself with the kind of people of his own. Language is the most effective source of communication in our life. In the evolution of human culture and civilization it has played a good role. During conversation we communicate and go into the process of it. And when we get it in written form, its scope enhances. Printing and publishing have also increased the scope of language to greater extent and through their process, thoughts are preserved for coming generations.
Importance of Language in Society
Below are some points indicate the importance of language in society.
- Utility through knowledge and experience: In this world, human beings get benefits by knowledge and experience of one another.
- Knowledge and awareness: Books, digests and newspapers of the same language enhance the knowledge of the people of the society. Each one can get advantage of this knowledge in accordance with his needs.
- Colorfulness: It is because of the language that the world is colorful, difference of opinion exits through it, individuality is also expressed through it.
- Harmony and Disharmony: Assimilation and dissimilation is obvious through language and it also points out different thoughts of various people.
- Connection with internal and external worlds: It is through the language that the internal and external worlds are connected.
- Development of Society: Through language people make progress in the society and human development can be divided into categories.
- Fixation of the individuality of personality: The mind, thought and individuality of a man can be fixed through the language.
- Co-operation: We get co-operation of other people by using the language which expresses our feelings, thoughts and passions. Through conversation we get mental and emotional satisfaction.
- Evolution of Thought: The language affects our mode of thoughts, and idea of universe; it plays a part in our evolution of thought.
- Culture: Language indicates the culture.
- Relation between Past, Present and Future: Language not only establishes relation of present with past; we control future with its help.